Up to £29000 per annum
10 days ago
HGV Technician required in Newport
£12.40 per hour with an additional bonus scheme. Overtime at time and a half rate
Split shift of 6am-2pm week one and week two 2pm-10pm
Great career prospects with a leading dealer group and brand
Our Client, a Franchise Approved Commercial Vehicle Dealership in the Newport area, is currently looking to hire a fully qualified and experienced Heavy Goods Vehicle (HGV) Technician / Automotive Mechanic for their busy Service Department!
HGV TECHNICIAN JOB SPECIFICATION:
Your key objectives will include:
* To complete all service work and defined maintenance work of the utmost quality and efficiency within manufacturers time schedules.
* Supply a professional performance in all aspects of work activities to make an essential contribution to the value and retention of customers.
* Supporting colleagues in the workshop with any technical issues and innovations.
* Ability to carry out comprehensive diagnosis and repairs of malfunctions.
* To ensure that all company policies and procedures applicable to their area of responsibility are adhered to at all times.
* Document the results of diagnosis/repairs/service/safety inspections.
You will need to live in the Newport region or be within a reasonable commuting distance of Newport. You will need to be a fully qualified HGV Technician / Mechanic to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent as a minimum and ideally hold some practical experience post qualification. You will need to be a committed individual and a good team player. You must be able to produce a high quality of work in a busy workshop environment and be motivated to work towards targets set for your team. Applicants with an active HGV driving license would be highly advantageous however this is non-essential.
For your hard work, our client is offering…
* Starting hourly rate up to £12.40 per hour over an average 40 hour working week (£25,792 per annum).
* Attendance/sick leave bonus scheme adding an additional £200-600 per annum over the length of service.
* Overtime subject to availability paid at an enhanced rate of time and a half.
* 22 days annual holiday plus bank holidays.
* Pension scheme
* Full in-house and off-site manufacturer-approved training.
* Fantastic career prospects with an industry leading brand.
As a HGV Technician, you shall work a shift system where the hours worked are 6:00am-2:00pm in your first week and 2:00pm-10:00pm Monday to Friday the second week with alternate Saturdays 8:00am-1:00pm (Saturdays paid as overtime).
If this HGV Technician Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Newport please contact Josh Friend at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
At Perfect Placement we specialise in Motor Trade Jobs, so if your Automotive Career is not heading in the direction you wish it to be, be sure to get in touch! We have over 1,400 live vacancies, ranging from HGV Technician Jobs through to Car Sales Executive Jobs.