Up to £30100 per annum
11 months ago
HGV Technician required in Caerphilly
Up to £13.50 per hour. Overtime at time and a half rate
A split shift of 6am-2.30pm week one and week two 2pm-10.30pm
Great career prospects with a leading dealer group and brand
Our Client, a Franchise Approved Commercial Vehicle Dealership in the Newport area, is currently looking to hire a fully qualified and experienced Heavy Goods Vehicle (HGV) Technician / Automotive Mechanic for their busy Service Department!
Your key objectives will include:
* To complete all service work and defined maintenance work of the utmost quality and efficiency within manufacturers time schedules.
* Supply a professional performance in all aspects of work activities to make an essential contribution to the value and retention of customers.
* Supporting colleagues in the workshop with any technical issues and innovations.
* Ability to carry out comprehensive diagnosis and repairs of malfunctions.
* To ensure that all company policies and procedures applicable to their area of responsibility are adhered to at all times.
* Document the results of diagnosis/repairs/service/safety inspections.
You will need to live in the Caerphilly region or be within a reasonable commuting distance of Caerphilly. You will need to ideally be a fully qualified HGV Technician / Mechanic to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent or hold good time served experience within the role. You will need to be a committed individual and a good team player. You must be able to produce a high quality of work in a busy workshop environment and be motivated to work towards targets set for your team. Applicants with an active HGV driving license would be highly advantageous however this is non-essential.
For your hard work, our client is offering…
* Starting hourly rate up to £13.50 per hour over an average 40-hour working week (£28,080 per annum).
* Overtime subject to availability paid at an enhanced rate of time and a half.
* 22 days annual holiday plus bank holidays.
* Pension scheme
* Full in-house and off-site manufacturer-approved training.
* Fantastic career prospects with an industry leading brand.
As a HGV Technician, you shall work a shift system where the hours worked are 6:00am-2:30pm in your first week and 2:00pm-10:30pm Monday to Friday the second week with alternate Saturdays 7:00am-1:00pm (Saturdays paid as overtime).
If you are interested in this HGV Mechanic Vacancy or any other Car Technician and Motor Trade Jobs in Caerphilly, please contact Joshua Friend at Perfect Placement now!
We are the UK's leading Automotive Recruitment Consultancy, if you are looking to refresh your Automotive Career please get in touch with us, we have many Motor Trade Jobs available across the whole of the UK ranging from Vehicle Damage Assessor to Panel Beater to Bodyshop Manager.