Up to £32760 per annum
about 2 months ago
- HGV Technician required in Cheltenham!
- £12-14 per hour annual starting salary!
- 8:00am-6:00pm Monday to Friday!
Our client, a commercial vehicle transport and haulage firm in the Cheltenham area, is currently looking to hire a skilled HGV Technician for their business!???
Reporting to the Workshop Manager and responsible for a large diverse fleet of vehicles (predominantly DAF), as a HGV Technician your key objectives will include:
- To complete all service work and defined maintenance work of the utmost quality and efficiency within allocated time schedules.
- Supply a professional performance in all aspects of work activities to make an essential contribution to the value and retention of customers.
- Supporting colleagues in the workshop with any technical issues.
- Ability to carry out comprehensive diagnosis and repairs of malfunctions.
- To ensure that all our client's company policies and procedures applicable to their area of responsibility are adhered to at all times.
- Document the results of diagnosis/repairs/service/safety inspections.
- Carry out necessary call out work as and when required.
In order to be eligible you will ideally be qualified to Level 3 standard in HGV Maintenance and Repair however this is non-essential provided you have a strong and stable time served track record as a HGV Technician. The ability to work within a small team is vital but also to undertake work under own initiative. Attention to detail is required with regard to paperwork to ensure accurate reporting. A HGV Cat C+E driving license or any practical experience working on DAF vehicles would be highly advantageous however it is non-essential at this stage.
For your hard work our client is offering:
- Starting salary between £12-14 per hour dependent upon experience and current earnings.
- 20 days annual holiday allowance plus the bank holidays.
- Overtime subject to availability.
- Workplace pension scheme.
- Fantastic career prospects with a long established and family-run local business.
You are required to work Monday to Friday 8:00am-6:00pm with an hour break for lunch. You are also required to work on call for our client one week in three weeks which offers fantastic financial benefits to be discussed further upon application.