Up to £36500 per annum
3 months ago
HGV Technician Required for National Fleet Company
Day Shift: Monday to Friday 8am to 4.15pm
Circa £31k Per Annum + Bonus
HGV Technician Required for National Fleet Company at their depot in the Dartford area.
To conduct motor vehicle repairs for internal and external customers. The technician shall undertake all classes of skilled work including inspection, maintenance, repair and service of all types of vehicular, non-vehicular mechanical aids and components.
* Electrical, electronic, mechanical and hydraulic fault diagnosis, repair and installation
* Overhaul electrical equipment and components
* Welding and metal working, if authorised
* Body repair, refinishing and painting
* Setting and operating of machine tools and equipment, if authorised.
* Department of Transport (MOT) testing duties, when suitably qualified
* Take charge of stores serving less than 60 staff
* Control, as directed the work of Assistant Technicians, Workshop Assistance, and Apprentice Technicians.
* Record attendance, work performance, times taken and associated details
* Carry out inspection and repair of workshop equipment as directed
* Use of skills and performance of other work within normal grade/job skills as required by the Garage Manager to maximise workshop efficiency
* Undertake the duties of Assistance Technician and Workshop Assistant as required
* May be required to substitute the Technician in Charge
* Must be qualified to a minimum of NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
* Experienced in carrying out all classes of skilled work involving inspection and maintenance
* Experienced with modern diagnostic equipment and vehicle technology
* Preferably qualified to carry out Department of Transport (MOT) testing duties
* Computer literate
Day Shift: Monday to Friday 8am to 4.15pm - NO WEEKENDS!
At Perfect Placement we specialise in Automotive Careers, so if this job has interested you or you would like to know more about other Motor Trade Jobs in Dartford, please get in touch with Beth Allen today!
We are the UK's leading Automotive Recruitment Consultancy, if you are looking to refresh your Automotive Career please get in touch with us, we have many Motor Trade Jobs available across the whole of the UK.