Up to £28000 per annum
14 days ago
- HGV Technician required in Swansea!
- £12.60 per hour with an additional bonus scheme. Overtime at time and a half rate!
- Split shift of 6am-2pm week one and week two 2pm-10pm!
- Great career prospects with a leading dealer group and brand!
Our Client, a Franchise Approved Commercial Vehicle Dealership in the Swansea area, is currently looking to hire a fully qualified and experienced Heavy Goods Vehicle (HGV) Technician for their busy Service Department!
Your key objectives will include:
- To complete all service work and defined maintenance work of the utmost quality and efficiency within manufacturers time schedules.
- Supply a professional performance in all aspects of work activities to make an essential contribution to the value and retention of customers.
- Supporting colleagues in the workshop with any technical issues and innovations.
- Ability to carry out comprehensive diagnosis and repairs of malfunctions.
- To ensure that all company policies and procedures applicable to their area of responsibility are adhered to at all times.
- Document the results of diagnosis/repairs/service/safety inspections.
You will need to live in the Swansea region or be within a reasonable commuting distance of Swansea. You will need to be a fully qualified HGV Technician / Mechanic to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent as a minimum and ideally hold some practical experience post qualification. You will need to be a committed individual and a good team player. You must be able to produce a high quality of work in a busy workshop environment and be motivated to work towards targets set for your team. Applicants with an active HGV driving license would be highly advantageous however this is non-essential.
For your hard work, our client is offering…
* Starting hourly rate up to £12.60 per hour over an average 40 hour working week (£26,208 per annum).
* Overtime subject to availability paid at an enhanced rate of time and a half.
* 22 days annual holiday plus bank holidays.
* Pension scheme
* Full in-house and off-site manufacturer-approved training.
* Fantastic career prospects with an industry leading brand.
As a HGV Technician, you shall work a shift system where the hours worked are 6:00am-2:00pm in your first week and 2:00pm-10:00pm Monday to Friday the second week with alternate Saturdays 8:00am-1:00pm (Saturdays paid as overtime).