Up to £40000 per annum
3 days ago
Finance Company - Digital Team
£37,000 - £40,000
37.5hour week (09:00 -17:30)
Our client is a leading and award winning finance provider operating from their new offices in Hampshire. As part of their continued growth they are looking to add to their digital team.
Role & Responsibilities:
We are looking for an experienced Infrastructure engineer for our client's IT Service Team to help deliver and manage our software, desktop, server and network infrastructure.
The candidate ideal will have a strong and demonstrable experience of providing support within an IT Infrastructure environment with experience of Microsoft Operating Systems and Products including Exchange, Office 365 and desktop products. Experience of Virtual Operating systems including Hyper V, VMware / Virtualization, Networking and IP telephony is also desirable.
You will also need to have strong customer service skills, be pro-active, articulate and be able to demonstrate logical problem-solving skills.
This position may require shift work, this will be shared with other team members, and collectively the role will need to cover business and out of hours' remote support.
* Provide Infrastructure support including monitoring and managing the capacity of the Infrastructure onsite and hosted externally
* Provide engineering support to Project Managers and others in service and systems u pgrades
* Manage small infrastructure upgrade projects
* Ad-hoc cover for 1st/2nd line support (Holidays/illness etc.)
* Develop and maintain infrastructure documentation
* Server administration to include assisting with updates, troubleshooting, diagnosis and resolution of faults.
* Exchange\Office 365 administration, setup and configuration.
* Coordinating with internal team and 3rd Parties on Incident management and resolution
* Managing Infrastructure changes in accordance with the Change Management procedures
* Stay current with latest technologies to ensure systems are configured and built conforming to the latest standards.
* Communicate technical matters to non-technical people.
* Shares information with other team members, maintains formally documented systems others can easily and logically access and use.
* Managing personal workload and setting priorities for support issues.
* Managing Server updates including patching and O/S releases
* Manage VM ware and SAN Storage
* Manage the Telephony Systems (Avaya) including underlying servers/appliances
This is a hands-on position and the successful candidate will have experience of working within an IT Operational environment.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience required for this role:
- Proven IT experience, including in an Infrastructure role
- Good customer service experience in supporting end users within an SME
- Excellent Microsoft Infrastructure Experience including a hands-on Knowledge of Microsoft server administration including active directory, Exchange 2010/2013, Exchange Online, Policy management etc.
- VMWare and V-sphere Experience.
- MCSE specialist certifications in desktop and operating system technologies
- Knowledge and management of backup solutions.
- Experience of VOIP solutions in particular Avaya would be desirable.
- A good working knowledge of IT Security Principles, including Networking, Windows, AD, PC's and Mobile devices
- Experience of working in a fast moving, responsive and complex technical environment managing cross stream deliverables with multiple external dependencies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to confidently articulate complex concepts in layman's terms to diverse audiences
- Good attention to detail, strong analytical, quantitative and investigative problem-solving abilities
- Self-motivated and organized
- Responsible and accountable for delivery of your personal tasks and outcomes and balancing multiple priorities
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines
Please note that our client as a Finance provider will carry out both Financial Checks and Criminal Record Bureau Checks as part of the recruitment process for all roles.