Up to £25000 per annum
2 months ago
IT Service Desk Technician Required in Bournemouth
Fantastic Opportunity To Work For a Forward Thinking and Progressive Company
Up to £25,000 Basic
Within this exciting IT Technician role, you will become the first point of contact for our Group's 70 sites across the south of England and provide support to all colleague's IT tools, including laptops, workstations, mobile devices, tablets and various applications and software systems.
- Logging and managing service requests within our web-based call logging system
- Troubleshooting user incidents, categorising and prioritising email-based incidents and requests, escalating more serious incidents to 2nd/3rd line engineers
- Keeping users, 2nd/3rd line support engineers up to date on service requests
- Creating and maintaining user accounts and mailboxes for starters/movers/leavers for various internal systems
- Telephone, face to face and remote support for our internal staff with hardware and key business software
- Supporting other members of the IT Dept. for information requests and technical escalations
To be a success in this role you will have
- At least 2 year's experience in a Desktop Support role
- Ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of ITIL best practices
- Strong Microsoft Windows Desktop OS skills
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2008 R2/2012, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Active Directory & Microsoft Office 365
- Experience of configuring PCs and Laptops from Microsoft WDS Build Server
- Managing Smartphones (both Windows and iPhone) and Tablets (Android, Windows and iPad) from MDM/EMM systems
- Proven customer service skills and experience of handling a high number of calls in a friendly but professional manner
- Appetite to challenge existing process and procedure to increase efficiency
- Full clean driving licence - the role is predominantly office-based in Poole but on occasion may require occasional travel to sites to assist our field services team during busy periods, new system roll-outs, refurbishments, etc.
The successful IT Service Desk Technician will receive a competitive salary (£23,000-£25,000 depending on experience), we also offer great benefits including:
- 23 days holiday basic (plus public holidays) increasing with length of service
- Opportunity to join the contributory company pension scheme
- Vehicle purchase discounts, parts and service discounts
- Various high street retailer perks and discounts as a preferred partner
- Professional Training Resources & Budget
If this IT Service Desk Technician Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Poole please contact Ryan at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
At Perfect Placement, we specialise in Motor Trade Jobs, so if you are looking to improve your Automotive Career please get in touch with us today. We are the leading UK Motor Trade Recruiters with over 1,400 Automotive Vacancies across the whole of the UK!!