£30000 - £35000 per annum
3 months ago
Our client, an Automotive Vehicle Accident Repair Centre in the Ross-on-Wye region is currently looking to recruit a Vehicle Mechanical Electrical Trim (MET) Stripper Fitter to join their busy Automotive Bodyshop.
Reporting to the Bodyshop Manager and working as part of a team, as a Vehicle MET Stripper Fitter your responsibilities will include:
* Removal of damaged parts to allow repairs to take place and ensuring displaced parts are stored correctly and safely for refitting.
* Checking for additional damage and any additional parts that may be required, bringing these items to the attention of the Vehicle Damage Assessor and ordering the additional parts.
* Checking all the parts are here, and are correct to enable smooth travel through the vehicle repair journey.
* Refitting the vehicle, taking care and attention not to damage freshly painted panels and ensuring panel gaps are true and within manufacturers tolerances.
* Replace mechanical components of the steering, drivetrain and engine as and when required.
* Reset vehicle control units using diagnostic equipment.
* Ensures that all health and safety legislation and internal procedures are followed.
* Attends regular safety training to review work safety rules.
* Ensures the maintenance of tools, equipment, and other materials.
* Performs other reasonable activities from time to time.
In order to be eligible, you must live in the Ross-on-Wye region or within a commutable distance of Ross-on-Wye. You will ideally be an experienced Vehicle MET Stripper Fitter with an IMI ATA accreditation however our client is also willing to consider candidates that are qualified to NVQ Level 2/3 or equivalent in Light Vehicle Mechanical Maintenance & Repair with some prior experience in an automotive workshop environment. You will also require a UK driving license with minimal points and be a team player with a high level of drive and enthusiasm and a strong focus on quality of work.
For your hard work, our client is offering…
* Starting basic salary fully negotiable pending experience.
* Uncapped performance related bonus scheme.
* Overtime subject to availability.
* 20 days annual holiday allowance plus the bank holidays.
* Workplace pension scheme.
* Full in-house and manufacturer-approved training.
The hours worked are required to work a 40 hour week Monday to Friday with flexible working hour and overtime subject to availability.
If you are interested in this Vehicle MET Technician Vacancy or want to find out about other Bodyshop and Motor Trade Jobs in Ross-on-Wye and Herefordshire, please contact Joshua Friend now!
We are the UK's leading Automotive Recruitment Consultancy, if you are looking to refresh your Automotive Career please get in touch with us, we have many Motor Trade Jobs available across the whole of the UK ranging from Vehicle Damage Assessor to Panel Beater to Bodyshop Manager.