Kingston upon Thames, Surrey
Up to £35000 per annum
6 days ago
MET Technician Required for in Kington Upon Thames
Our Client a Manufacturer approved Accident Repair Centre with over 40 years trading experience are seeking a MET Fitter for their Bodyshop.
What the MET Technician job will entail:
- Accurately and skillfully undertake the removal and replacement of mechanical, electrical and trim items on motor vehicles. Detect and diagnose any additional faults for further repairs.
- Ensure all work is completed safely and complies with retailer, manufacturer and industry guidelines.
- Ensure the highest standard of repairs are carried out to the manufacturer's specification, specifically relating to fitting and trimming. Detect and diagnose any additional faults for further repairs.
The Day to Day Duties of the MET Technician, may include:
- Ensure all work is completed safely and complies with retailer, manufacturer and industry guidelines
- Safeguard the customer vehicle and its contents while in the workshop.
- Seek clarification in the event a work order is unclear or seems incorrect.
- Observe, recognise and report on vehicle structure where necessary. Includes any/all faults or defects detected while working on the vehicle. Report any additional damage found when stripping the vehicle.
- Report accurately and correctly all components, materials, consumables and hours used on each vehicle repair, keeping wastage of all material and consumables to a minimum and placing orders for replacement parts. Keep work area clean, tidy and free from hazards.
- Interpret and implement technical instruction data.
- Ensure alignment equipment is used accurately on all repairs.
- Carry out all repairs according to best practice procedures. Complete assigned jobs with the estimated repair times. Meet acceptable safety and quality standards.
- Check the condition and ensure the correct maintenance of tools, equipment and other materials.
- Undertake all other tasks and activities as requested by the Bodyshop Manager.
Benefits of this MET Technician role:
- Monday - Friday 08:00 Am - 17:00 Pm, & Saturdays Mornings on an optional basis to supplement your weekly productivity target
- Circa £30,000 - £32,000 + bonuses
- Our Client has the ability to be flexible on Salary and will be willing to speak to applicants seeking a sensible salary market rate.
If this MET Technician Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey please contact Georgia Trew at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
At Perfect Placement we specialise in Motor Trade Jobs, so if your Automotive Career is not heading in the direction you wish it to be, be sure to get in touch! We have over 1,400 live vacancies, ranging from HGV Technician Jobs through to Car Sales Executive Jobs.