Up to £30000 per annum
11 months ago
- MOT Tester/Vehicle Technician required in Cheltenham!
- Starting salary up to £14-14.50 per hour pending experience!
- Full time or part time working hours!
- Stable job prospects with a local business that has been established for over 50 years!
Our client a long-established independent service centre in the Cheltenham region are currently looking to recruit an MOT Tester/Vehicle Technician to work on either a full time or part time basis for their busy workshop.
Reporting to the Workshop Manager and working as part of a large workshop team, you shall be primarily responsible for carrying out MOT tests on all models of cars and vans. You shall also diagnose and carry out associated light service and repair work as well as providing overall workshop support as and when required.
In order to be eligible you will ideally live in the Cheltenham region or within a reasonable commuting distance of Cheltenham and hold an active Class 4 and 7 MOT testing license and a UK driving license with minimal points. You will ideally be qualified to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent however our client is also interested in candidate that are time served in their experience of vehicle mechanics. Overall you will be a good team player with excellent communication skills, liaising with other team members to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of work through the workshop.
For your hard work our client is offering:
- Starting salary up to £14-14.50 per annum pending experience and current earnings.
- Overtime subject to availability paid at time and a half rate.
- 20 days annual holiday allowance plus the bank holidays.
- Workplace pension scheme.
- In-house training and development provided.
- Stable job prospects with a local business that has been established for over 50 years.
Our client is flexible with the working hours for this position and is able to offer either full time or part time contract. If full time you would be required to work Monday-Friday 9:00am-6:00pm with 1 in 4 Saturdays 8:00am-4:00pm (you shall receive a day off on the week you work a Saturday). If part time you would be required to work Monday to Friday 1:00pm-6:00pm with no Saturdays required.