Up to £33000 per annum
3 months ago
Paint Sprayer / SMART Repair Technician Required in Epsom
42.5 Hours per week
£13.00 per hour + Overtime
Vehicle Paint Sprayer / SMART Repairer Required For Franchised Main Dealer Bodyshop in Epsom
Our Client, a Premium Main Dealer Bodyshop are looking for an experienced Paint Sprayer to join their Team. Due to retirement a position has become available with this well respected Dealership in Epsom.
As a Paint / SMART technician you will be responsible for preparing vehicles to be painted after damage has occurred or panels have been replaced. This will include repairing minor scratches to match the rest of the vehicle. Duties of a paint technician may include:
* Ensuring all parts have been stripped from the vehicle in order for it to be painted
* Sanding down relevant area and adjoining areas for blending
* Masking out areas to be treated
* Etching and priming area to be treated
* Selecting, matching and mixing colour
As a paint technician you will need to demonstrate:
* Strong communication skills
* The ability to work alone and as part of a team
* The ability to maintain quality under pressure
* An awareness of safety procedures
* The ability to use specialist equipment
* The ability to follow written and verbal instructions
* Good manual skills
* A good eye for detail and colour
You will need to have a good understanding of vehicle body and repair operations; you will be expected to be trained in body and paint operations in refinishing at level 2 for this work. There are a range of qualifications such as N/SVQs and VRQs in vehicle body and paint operations in refinishing that will be considered. You will need to have a good understanding of automotive systems and the specific materials required for the repair process.
Hard work and experience will be rewarded accordingly. With a starting wage of £13p/h+ Monday - Friday with 42.5 hours contracted per week.
There will also be the opportunity for over time.
This dealership prides itself on the longevity of their employees and therefore only candidates with a stable work history and interest in the brand will be considered. We will be looking for a minimum of 2 years' experience post apprenticeship.
The position is based in Epsom so you will need to live in the area or be able to travel to the area on a daily basis.
If this Vehicle Paint Sprayer vacancy interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Surrey, please contact Georgia Trew at Perfect Placement today!
We are the UK's leading Automotive Recruitment Consultancy, if you are looking to refresh your Automotive Career please get in touch with us, we have many Motor Trade Jobs available across the whole of the UK.