Up to £22500 per annum
7 months ago
Service Reception/Advisor required in West Edinburgh
- Salary up to £22,500
- Full Time - Permanent
Benefits for this Service Advisor / Reception role, may Include: Employee discount, Staff savings scheme, Cycle to work scheme, Discounts on new and used car purchases, Company pension, 30 days annual leave which increases with length of service, Training/Career development, Life assurance, Staff Intro referral scheme
What does the Service Advisor role entail?
- To greet customers in a courteous and efficient manner, both in person and by telephone, assessing the customer's needs and requirements. Advise on service and/or repair requirements and sell additional products and services, maintaining up-to-date knowledge of vehicle service, repair and warranty policies and product changes. Supply accurate estimates for servicing and repairs, ensuring the customer is aware of costs and timescales involved. Accurately record and communicate customer work instructions to the Workshop Controller / Technician.
- To monitor progress in workshop to ensure promised delivery times are met. Load the workshop to the optimum level. Contact customers for authorisation if additional work is necessary, prepare and present invoices and obtain payment. Maintenance of customer record system and use to follow up customers.
- Deal with customer complaints as prescribed, within authority limits and review with manager. Maintain reception area to a high standard, ensuring displays, prices, etc. are current. Monitor job status against required completion times in conjunction with Workshop Controller. Communicate with the Workshop Controller when completion time will or will not be met and inform the customer in good time.
- Maintenance of customer records and use to follow up customers. Must be comfortable upselling extra work and have an understanding of the motor /HGV industry, and assistance with any other task as directed.
What are our client is looking for in the successful Service Advisor:
- Excellent communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and team orientation
- Results orientated
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Quality & reliability
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Commitment, self-awareness and assertiveness
- Committed to providing high quality work
- Ability to work to deadlines
- PC literate
If this Service Advisor Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Edinburgh please contact Thomas Plane at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
At Perfect Placement we specialise in Jobs within the Automotive Field, we can help you with your Career search for Motor Trade Jobs as we have over 1,400 live Automotive Vacancies across the whole of the UK ranging from Vehicle Technician Jobs to Service Manager Jobs.