about 1 month ago
Purpose of Role:
To develop, install and commission high level servo motions control software, HMI software and all necessary interfaces that suits the high speed packaging machinery industry including robotics.
This work will need to be undertaken at sites in the UK and customer sites worldwide. The work has to be done on time and within budget. You will be required to work as part of a team in some instance and as an individual.
- Produce, install and commission servo motion code to suit machine specifications.
- Work together with other engineering departments to get the equipment signed off by the customer.
- Develop pragmatic and cost-effective strategies in response to client requirements.
- Report problems and deficiencies in the design and brief.
- Ensure projects to time and budget.
- Maintain competitiveness by ensuring software code is produced within the durations indicated.
- Ensure technical co-ordination with all other internal and external disciplines.
- Maintain files and records throughout the duration of the contract.
- Suggest solutions to problems based on an understanding of relevant technologies.
- Visit customers on a world-wide basis, as required, resolve problems and test machines/systems.
- Ensure statutory and company procedures and practices are maintained.
- Ensure all activities support the business direction of faster and smaller machines.
- Work with and support other departments to ensure business objectives are achieved.
- Promote a safe working environment ensuring compliance with all current legislation.
- Other duties as may be required.