Up to £35000 per annum
3 months ago
- MET Technician required in Ross-on-Wye
- Negotiable starting salary and bonus scheme.
- 40 hours Monday to Friday with flexible times to suit.
Our client, an Automotive Vehicle Accident Repair Centre in the Ross-on-Wye region is currently looking to recruit a Vehicle Mechanical Electrical Trim (MET) Stripper Fitter to join their busy Automotive Bodyshop.
Reporting to the Bodyshop Manager and working as part of a team, as a Vehicle MET Stripper Fitter your responsibilities will include:
* Removal of damaged parts to allow repairs to take place and ensuring displaced parts are stored correctly and safely for refitting.
* Checking for additional damage and any additional parts that may be required, bringing these items to the attention of the Vehicle Damage Assessor and ordering the additional parts.
* Checking all the parts are here, and are correct to enable smooth travel through the vehicle repair journey.
* Refitting the vehicle, taking care and attention not to damage freshly painted panels and ensuring panel gaps are true and within manufacturers tolerances.
* Replace mechanical components of the steering, drivetrain and engine as and when required.
* Reset vehicle control units using diagnostic equipment.
* Ensures that all health and safety legislation and internal procedures are followed.
* Attends regular safety training to review work safety rules.
* Ensures the maintenance of tools, equipment, and other materials.
* Performs other reasonable activities from time to time.
In order to be eligible you must live in the Ross-on-Wye region or within a commutable distance of Ross-on-Wye. You will ideally be an experienced Vehicle MET Stripper Fitter with an IMI ATA accreditation however our client is also willing to consider candidates that are qualified to NVQ Level 2/3 or equivalent in Light Vehicle Mechanical Maintenance & Repair with some prior experience in an automotive workshop environment. You will also require a UK driving license with minimal points and be a team player with a high level of drive and enthusiasm and a strong focus on quality of work.
For your hard work our client is offering…
* Starting basic salary fully negotiable pending experience.
* Uncapped performance related bonus scheme.
* Overtime subject to availability.
* 20 days annual holiday allowance plus the bank holidays.
* Workplace pension scheme.
* Full in-house and manufacturer approved training.
The hours worked are required to work a 40 hour week Monday to Friday with flexible working hour and overtime subject to availability.