Up to £20800 per annum
11 days ago
Our client, a large used car supermarket group with sites nationwide, is currently looking to recruit two Pre Delivery Inspection (PDI) Technicians for their busy Newport site.
Reporting to the Preparation Manager and working as part of a team, as a PDI Technician your key responsibility will be carrying out a three stage pre delivery inspection of our client's vehicles from start to finish which includes the inspection of all vehicles prior to delivery to the customer, completing services and minor repairs where necessary. This is all completed in line with strict businesses standards, ensuring quality and health and safety requirements are met.
In order to be eligible, you will need to live within the Newport region or be within a reasonable commuting distance of Newport. You will need to be qualified to NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in Vehicle Maintenance & Repair for Light Vehicles as a minimum and ideally hold experience of carrying out PDI work, however, this is non-essential as full training would be provided. Fundamentally you will need to be focused on carrying out work of the up most quality within manufacturer time schedules and to the relevant health and safety standards. A UK driving license with minimal points is essential at this stage.
For your hard work in the role, our client is offering…
* Starting basic salary up to £9.25 per hour (£19,000 per annum)
* Customer service orientated bonus scheme of up to £100-150 per month.
* Overtime subject to availability paid at enhanced time and a half rate.
* 22 days annual holiday allowance plus the bank holidays.
* Various company benefits including health care plan, life assurance, childcare vouchers, discounted car buying scheme, and the opportunity to become a shareholder in the company.
* Industry leading training and development.
* Fantastic long-term career prospects with a growing firm.
In this role, you are required to work Monday to Thursday 8:30am-5:00pm and Sunday 9:00am-5:00pm with a half hour lunch and two fifteen minute breaks. Any additional hours would be paid at the overtime rate mentioned above.
If you are interested in this Vehicle PDI Technician Vacancy or want to find out about other Motor Trade Jobs in Newport and Gwent, please contact Joshua Friend at Perfect Placement now!
At Perfect Placement, we specialise in Motor Trade Jobs, so if you are looking to improve your Automotive Career please get in touch with us today. We are the leading UK Motor Trade Recruiters with over 1,400 automotive vacancies.