Vehicle Service Advisor in Northampton
Salary: Up to £20,000 basic / OTE up to £28,000 p.a.
Hours: Monday to Friday 7.30 - 6.00 on a shift system / 1 in 3 Saturday mornings.
Contract: Full Time, Permanent.
Our automotive client is a well-established and long standing Main Car Dealership; they are actively looking to hire a Service Advisor to join their friendly team for their busy site.
You must be able to work as part of a team, and also be able to work on your own initiative. You will need to have a keen eye for detail, possess excellent customer facing and organisational skills, as you will be dealing with front-of-house customers as well as internal dealer staff from all areas of the business.
· Receive customer enquiries and determine the customer's needs, assisting the customer with make an appointment with the Service Department.
· Consider the availability of resources and profitability targets whilst selling the added benefits of the Service Department.
· Maximise the upselling of service hours, parts and accessories in accordance with company objectives.
· Ensure all booked vehicles are checked for outstanding recall/service campaign work prior to visit and parts pre-ordered to achieve 'First Time Fix' for the customer.
· Continually improve technical expertise, by personally keeping up-to-date on technical changes and developments.
· Effectively handle incoming customer calls by creating a friendly and professional impression.
· Maintain an accurate and efficient schedule of appointments and associated flow of paperwork, consistent with manufacturer and company procedures.
To assist you, there are systems and processes in place including a dealer management system (DMS), so you will ideally need to be IT literate and have experience of using DMS systems.
To succeed in this role you will ideally have a strong Automotive Service Advisor experience from within a Franchised/Main Car Dealer, you must also possess a full, clean UK driving license.
Motor trade experience in the role is essential.