Pontypridd, Rhondda Cynon Taff
Up to £27254 per annum
8 days ago
Our client, a large multi-franchise approved Car Dealership in the Treforest area, is currently looking to hire a fully qualified and experienced Vehicle Technician / Car Mechanic to join their Automotive Service Department!
VEHICLE TECHNICIAN JOB SPECIFICATION:
* To complete all car service work and defined maintenance work of the utmost quality and efficiency within manufacturers time schedules
* Supply a professional performance in all aspects of work activities to make an essential contribution to the value and retention of customers
* Supporting colleagues in the workshop with any technical issues and innovations
* Ability to carry out comprehensive diagnosis and repairs of malfunctions
* To ensure that all company policies and procedures applicable to their area of responsibility are adhered to at all times.
* Document the results of diagnosis/repairs/service/safety inspections.
You will need to be a fully qualified Car Mechanic to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent as a minimum and ideally, some experience working to franchise approved Car Dealer standards, however, this is non-essential. You will need to hold a driving licence, be a committed individual and a good team player. You must be able to produce a high quality of work in a busy Franchise Car Dealer environment and be motivated to work towards targets set for you. Applicants with an active MOT Smart Card would be advantageous but it is non-essential. A full UK driving license with minimal points is essential.
For your hard work in this role, our client is offering…
* Starting basic salary of up to £10.50 per hour (£21,840 per annum) pending experience and current earnings.
* Team performance related bonus scheme of up to £3,000-£3,500 per annum.
* Overtime including Saturdays paid at an enhanced rate of time and a half.
* Full in-house and manufacturer-approved training provided.
* 22 days annual holiday allowance plus 8 bank holidays.
* Fantastic long-term career prospects with a long-standing local car dealer group.
The hours worked are Monday to Friday 8:00am to 5:30pm with a half hour lunch and 1 in 2 Saturdays 8:30am to 1:00pm (Saturdays paid as overtime).
If you are interested in this Motor Vehicle Mechanic Vacancy or want to find out about other Car Technician and Motor Trade Jobs in Treforest and Mid Glamorgan, please contact Joshua Friend at Perfect Placement Automotive Recruitment!
We are the UK's leading Automotive Recruitment Consultancy, if you are looking to refresh your Automotive Career please get in touch with us, we have many Motor Trade Jobs available across the whole of the UK.