Up to £27000 per annum
11 months ago
Our client, a Franchise Approved Commercial Vehicle Dealership in the Cardiff region is currently looking to hire a fully qualified and experienced Van Technician / Mechanic for their busy Automotive Service Department!
As a Van Technician / Mechanic, your main duties will include carrying out fault diagnosis, service, and repair Vans and Light Commercial Vehicles as instructed to the standards laid down by the manufacturer and our client. You will need to ensure faults are accurately diagnosed and report to the Automotive Workshop Controller and Vehicle Service Manager as required on vehicle condition, safety, reliability and performance. You will also need to ensure that quality procedures relating to the function laid down by our client and their manufacturer are adhered to at all times.
You will need to be a fully qualified Vehicle Technician / Mechanic to NVQ Level 2 / 3 or equivalent as a minimum in order to be eligible. You will need to hold a UK driving licence with minimal points, be a committed individual and a good team player. You must be able to produce a high quality of work in a busy dealer environment and be motivated to work towards targets set for your team. Candidates with an active MOT Smart Card and experience on Vans and Light Commercial Vehicles would be advantageous to our client but it is non-essential at this stage.
For your hard work, our client is offering…
* Starting salary of up to £20-23,000 per annum pending experience and current earnings.
* An uncapped generous incentivised "hours sold" bonus scheme of up to £4,000+ per annum.
* Overtime subject to availability paid at a standard rate.
* 22 days annual holiday allowance plus bank holidays (you also receive your birthday off every year).
* Full in-house and manufacturer approved training.
* Company pension and benefits scheme upon successful completion of your trial period.
* Fantastic career prospects with a long-established local dealer group with multiple dealerships through South Wales.
You are required to work a 40 hour week 8:30AM-5:00PM Monday to Friday with 1 in 2 Saturdays from 8:30AM-12:30PM paid as overtime.