Up to £26956 per annum
26 days ago
Vehicle Technician Required in Bridgend
Basic salary up to £23,000 per annum
Bonus scheme and overtime paid at time and a half rate
Our client, a Franchise Approved Car Dealer in the Bridgend area, is currently looking to hire a fully qualified, experienced and professional Vehicle Technician / Mechanic for their busy Service Department!
Reporting to the Aftersales Manager and working as part of a small team, as a Vehicle Technician / Mechanic your main duties will include carrying out fault diagnosis, service, and repair as instructed to the standards laid down by the manufacturer and our client. You need to ensure faults are accurately diagnosed and report to the Aftersales Manager as required on vehicle condition, safety, reliability and performance. You will need to ensure that quality as well as Health & Safety procedures relating to the function laid down by our client and manufacturer are adhered to at all times.
In order to be eligible you will need to live in the Bridgend area or be within a reasonable commuting distance of Bridgend. You will need to be a fully qualified Vehicle Technician / Mechanic to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent as a minimum and ideally hold at least one/two years' experience post qualification. You will need hold a UK driving licence with minimal points, be a committed individual and a good team player. You must be able to produce a high quality of work in a busy dealer environment and be motivated to work towards targets set for you team. Applicants with an active MOT Smart Card would be highly advantageous but it is non-essential.
For your hard work our client is offering…
* Starting basic salary of up to £23,000 per annum pending experience and current earnings.
* Uncapped bonus scheme subject to individual efficiency averages (roughly £150 per month) and £1 per video vehicle health check completed.
* Full manufacturer approved training.
* 22 days annual holiday allowance plus bank holidays.
* Overtime subject to availability at an enhanced rate of time and a half.
* Workplace pension scheme.
* Fantastic long term career prospects with a growing business.
You will be required to work Monday to Friday 8.30am-5.00pm (closing at 4.00pm on a Friday) with a half hour lunch and 1 in 2 Saturdays 9.00am-12.00pm (Saturdays paid at overtime rate mentioned above).