Up to £28000 per annum
3 months ago
** This job is currently on hold due to the COVID-19 current situation, but we still encourage your application so we can notify our Client of suitable candidates **
£26 - £30k Basic
Independent Service Centre
Automotive Vehicle Technician / Car Mechanic Job for Independent Service Centre Workshop / Garage - Dorking.
We are currently seeking to recruit a fully qualified Vehicle Technician / Motor Mechanic to join our client's busy Service Department.
The position is Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 5:30 pm with no weekends!
As an experienced individual, you will be skilled in all aspects of vehicle repairs and servicing.
The successful Vehicle Technicians Key Responsibilities:
- Electrical, electronic, mechanical and hydraulic fault diagnosis, repair and installation.
- Overhaul of electrical equipment and components.
- Record attendance, work performance, times taken and associated details.
- Carry out inspection and repair of workshop equipment as directed.
- Use of skills and performance of other work within normal grade/job skills as required by the Workshop Supervisor to maximise workshop efficiency.
- Undertake the duties of Assistance Technician and Workshop Assistant as required.
- Working at all times in accordance with Safety policy and legal requirements.
- Must be qualified to a minimum of NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair.
- Experienced in carrying out all classes of skilled work involving inspection and maintenance.
- Experienced with modern diagnostic equipment and vehicle technology.
- Preferably qualified to carry out the Department of Transport (MOT) testing duties.
- Computer literate.
This role is based in Dorking, therefore, you will need to be able to travel to the area.
Salary is experience dependable + bonus but our client is looking for a reliable and efficient service technician for their workshop.
If this Technician Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Garage Vacancies and Automotive Jobs in West Sussex, Redhill, Reigate, Gatwick and Crawley, please contact Liam at Perfect Placement.
We are the UK's leading Automotive Recruitment Consultancy if you are looking to refresh your Automotive Career please get in touch with us, we have many Motor Trade Jobs available across the whole of the UK.