Pontypridd, Rhondda Cynon Taff
Up to £27254 per annum
25 days ago
- Vehicle Technician required for a Franchise Approved Dealership in Treforest.
- Basic salary up to £10.50 per hour plus a bonus scheme.
- Overtime paid at an enhanced rate of time and a half.
- Monday to Friday with 1 in 2 Saturdays on a rota.
Our client, a large multi-franchise approved car dealership in the Treforest area, is currently looking to hire a fully qualified and experienced Vehicle MOT Tester to join their Service Department!
Reporting to the Workshop Controller and working as part of a large team, you will be primarily responsible for carrying MOT tests on our client's vehicles to VOSA standards, carrying out any associated mechanical tasks/repairs as and when required, and providing general assistance within the workshop.
You will ideally live within the Treforest area or be within a commutable distance of Treforest. You will not only be fully qualified as an MOT Tester with an active SMART Card but also be used to and experienced in working within a busy and professional workshop environment. You will also need to hold a UK driving license with minimal points. Any experience working to franchise approved dealer standards would be highly advantageous however is non-essential.
For your hard work in this role, our client is offering…
* Starting basic salary of up to £10.50 per hour (£21,840 per annum) pending experience and current earnings.
* Team performance related bonus scheme of up to £3,000-£3,500 per annum.
* Overtime including Saturdays paid at an enhanced rate of time and a half.
* Full in-house and manufacturer-approved training provided.
* 22 days annual holiday allowance plus 8 bank holidays.
* Fantastic long-term career prospects with a long-standing local car dealer group.
The hours worked are Monday to Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm with a half hour lunch and 1 in 2 Saturdays 8:30am to 1:00pm (Saturdays paid as overtime).