Pontypridd, Rhondda Cynon Taff
Up to £27254 per annum
25 days ago
- Technician required for a Franchise Approved Car Dealership in Treforest.
- £10.50 per hour plus a bonus scheme.
- Overtime paid for at an enhanced rate of time and a half.
- Monday to Friday with 1 in 2 Saturdays.
Our client, a large multi-franchise approved Car Dealership in the Treforest area, is currently looking to hire a fully qualified and experienced Vehicle Technician / Car Mechanic to join their Automotive Service Department!
VEHICLE TECHNICIAN JOB SPECIFICATION:
* To complete all car service work and defined maintenance work of the utmost quality and efficiency within manufacturers time schedules
* Supply a professional performance in all aspects of work activities to make an essential contribution to the value and retention of customers
* Supporting colleagues in the workshop with any technical issues and innovations
* Ability to carry out comprehensive diagnosis and repairs of malfunctions
* To ensure that all company policies and procedures applicable to their area of responsibility are adhered to at all times.
* Document the results of diagnosis/repairs/service/safety inspections.
You will need to be a fully qualified Car Mechanic to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent as a minimum and ideally, some experience working to franchise approved Car Dealer standards, however, this is non-essential. You will need to hold a driving licence, be a committed individual and a good team player. You must be able to produce a high quality of work in a busy Franchise Car Dealer environment and be motivated to work towards targets set for you. Applicants with an active MOT Smart Card would be advantageous but it is non-essential. A full UK driving license with minimal points is essential.
For your hard work in this role, our client is offering…
* Starting basic salary of up to £10.50 per hour (£21,840 per annum) pending experience and current earnings.
* Team performance related bonus scheme of up to £3,000-£3,500 per annum.
* Overtime including Saturdays paid at an enhanced rate of time and a half.
* Full in-house and manufacturer-approved training provided.
* 22 days annual holiday allowance plus 8 bank holidays.
* Fantastic long-term career prospects with a long-standing local car dealer group.
The hours worked are Monday to Friday 8:00am to 5:30pm with a half hour lunch and 1 in 2 Saturdays 8:30am to 1:00pm (Saturdays paid as overtime).