Pontypridd, Rhondda Cynon Taff
Up to £29250 per annum
about 2 months ago
* Vehicle Technician required in Treforest!
* £20-25,000 starting annual salary plus £3,000+ annual bonus potential and overtime!
* Mon to Fri 8:30am-5:00pm plus 1 in 2 Sat 8:30am-12:30am paid as overtime!
Our client, a large franchise approved car dealership in the Treforest area, is currently looking to hire a fully qualified and experienced Vehicle Technician to join their Service Department!
Reporting to the Service Manager and working as part of a large team, as a Vehicle Technician your main duties will include carrying out fault diagnosis, service, and repair of vehicles as instructed to the standards laid down by the manufacturers and our client. You need to ensure faults are accurately diagnosed and report to the Service Manager and Workshop Controller as required on vehicle condition, safety, reliability and performance. You will also need to ensure that quality procedures relating to the function laid down by our client and manufacturers are adhered to at all times.
In order to be eligible, you will ideally live in the Treforest region or live within a reasonable commuting distance to Treforest. You will need to be a fully qualified Vehicle Technician to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent as a minimum and ideally hold at least two years stable experience within a garage/dealer environment. You will need to hold a UK driving licence with minimal points, be a committed individual and a good team player. You must be able to produce a high quality of work in a busy franchise approved environment and be motivated to work towards targets set for your team. Applicants with an active MOT licence would be highly advantageous however it is non-essential.
For your hard work in this role, our client is offering…
* Up to £20-25,000 starting annual salary pending experience and current earnings.
* Individual performance related bonus scheme of up to £3,000 per annum.
* Overtime including Saturdays paid at an enhanced rate of time and a half.
* Full in-house and manufacturer-approved training provided.
* 22 days annual holiday allowance plus 8 bank holidays.
* Workplace pension scheme
* Fantastic long-term career prospects with a long-standing local car dealer group.
The hours worked are Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm and 1 in 2 Saturdays 8:30am to 12:30pm paid at the overtime rate mentioned above.