Tredegar, Blaenau Gwent
Up to £25000 per annum
4 months ago
- Vehicle Technician required for a commercial dealership in Tredegar.
- Starting salary up to £25,000 per annum.
- Monday to Friday role with occasional overtime required paid at an enhanced rate of time and a half.
Our client a large commercial vehicle dealership based in the Tredegar region is currently looking to recruit a Vehicle Technician / Mechanic to join their busy and growing team!
As a Vehicle Technician / Mechanic, your role is to diagnose the faults and defects of any vehicles presented in the workshop. Due care, skill and diligence are basic requirements for the role, whilst any necessary repairs and replacements that need to be undertaken should be completed to the highest industry standard.
As part of the diagnosis of faults and defects, you will be undertaking pre-delivery safety inspections and road tests to identify and repair the vehicle prior to it being presented for sale. Conducting servicing and repairs to a wide variety of vehicle makes and models is also a part of the role, whilst further diagnostic testing will need to be completed as and when required to identify faults that were not recognised upon physical inspection. As a one of the market leaders in the commercial vehicle world, safety is of the utmost importance to our client's team, and playing your own role in the maintenance of a safe and productive work environment is integral. Relevant paperwork must also be completed accurately and on time, whilst assignments must be followed through to completion and to specified deadlines.
It's not just diagnostics, inspections, repairs, servicing and paperwork that must be dealt with professionally and to the highest possible standard as part of the role; our client's Vehicle Technicians / Mechanics must have excellent customer service skills and offer customers expert advice regarding simple maintenance.
The ideal candidate for this role must:
- Hold an NVQ Level 2/3 in Mechanical Engineering or above.
- Be able to work well alone or as part of a team.
- Have excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Have the practical and technical skills to fulfil the tasks detailed.
- Have basic math skills to calculate costs and handle payments.
- Have a good level of fitness.
- Be aware of the health and safety regulations associated with vehicle maintenance.
For your hard work, our client is offering…
- Starting basic salary between £20-25,000 per annum pending experience and current earnings.
- 20 days annual holiday allowance plus the bank holidays.
- Overtime subject to availability at an enhanced rate of time and a half.
- Company pension scheme.
- Full in-house training provided.
- Fantastic long-term career development prospects with a growing company.
The hours worked are Monday to Friday 8:30am-5:00pm. You will need to have a flexible approach to any overtime that may be required subject to business demand.
If you are interested in this Car Technician Vacancy or any other Vehicle Mechanic and Motor Trade Jobs in the area, please contact Joshua Friend now!
We are the UK's leading Automotive Recruitment Consultancy, if you are looking to refresh your Automotive Career please get in touch with us, we have many Motor Trade Jobs available across the whole of the UK ranging from Vehicle Damage Assessor to Panel Beater to Bodyshop Manager.