Up to £31222 per annum
about 1 month ago
** This job is currently on hold due to the COVID-19 current situation, but we still encourage your application so we can notify our Client of suitable candidates **
Vehicle Technician required in Edinburgh
- Salary up to £31,222 Depending on experience
- Full Time - Permanent
- 45 hours a week
Our Client is a Premium Main Dealer based in Edinburgh and looking to recruit a Vehicle Technician
Our Client is offering the successful Vehicle Technician:
- Employee discount scheme
- Cycle to work scheme, staff savings scheme
- Discounts on new and used car purchases
- Company pension
- 30 days annual leave increasing with length of service
- Training/Career development
- Life assurance
- Staff Intro referral scheme
What the Vehicle Technician role entails?
- Carry out work provided competently and within set timescale, ensuring consistently high levels of quality and workmanship. To ensure parts for Warranty & R&M Claims are retained and are cleaned and drained of oil, where necessary.
- Develop and maintain skill levels in all aspects of repair, service and maintenance of vehicles, maintaining thorough and current product knowledge. Work at all times towards delivering the highest possible level of customer service. Assist colleagues in their work roles and share best practice with the team, liaise with customers when required to enable right first time solutions are identified and assist with any other task as required.
- Analyse work orders to identify what work has been agreed. Perform repair work as directed within timescales and in accordance with established and documented procedures, as well as conducting routine service work on all makes of vehicles. Communicate with other departments, including parts and service advisors. Be able to diagnose and detect any additional faults. Ensure that all work is completed safely and complies with retailer and industry guidelines. Help retailer achieve industry-leading standards of process efficiency.
What skills/experience our Client is looking for in the ideal Vehicle Technician:
- Preferably from a franchise retail repair centre background with ATA accreditation (or equivalent), with class IV NT MOT status.
- Can work comfortably using own initiative whilst remaining an integral part of our well established team.
- Carry out a wide range of mechanical repairs, including service, resulting repairs arising from the EVHC, MOT testing and warranty recall and repair work.
- Complete accurate and professional electronic video health checks, that can be presented to the customer for authorisation.
- Work efficiently and excel in utilisation, productivity and efficiency.
- Show care and commitment to the customers' vehicle whilst it is in our care.
- Seek improved methods and product knowledge in both manufacturer training and also in the live working environment.
- Prove that they are worthy of joining the hybrid revolution, with Toyota (a brand leader in hybrid technology.
- Additional requirements: - A minimum of 5 years trade experience and current full and clean drivers license.
If this Vehicle Technician Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Edinburgh please contact Thomas Plane at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
At Perfect Placement we specialise in Jobs within the Automotive Field, we can help you with your Career search for Motor Trade Jobs as we have over 1,400 live Automotive Vacancies across the whole of the UK ranging from Vehicle Technician Jobs to Service Manager Jobs.