Kingston upon Thames, Surrey
Up to £40000 per annum
2 months ago
Automotive Workshop Controller
£30k - £32k Basic + £40k OTE
Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey
Our Client, a Franchised Car Dealership in the Kingston, Surrey area, are currently looking for a Workshop Controller.
This role is responsible for controlling and leading Workshop efficiency by making the best use of the resources and people in order to ensure a high level of productivity. Leading by example, this role will ensure that you provide courteous, professional and advisory service to customers aiming for ultimate customer satisfaction.
You will be required to:
* Determine availability of workshop hours daily and communicate regularly with the Service Reception of capacity of workload
* Maintain progress information of each job allocated and liaise with Service Reception to ensure customers are kept informed
* Monitor all workshop orders through the Parts department, keeping ahead of outstanding work and parts on order
* Ensure all applicable paperwork is passed onto, and administered by, the appropriate department; Service Administrator or Warranty Administrator for warranty related information
* Pass on all documentation for completed work to Tester and organise any extra work if necessary.
* Assist and advise team members in dealing with technical and job-related problems
* Give workshop apprentices training and experience to meet skill test requirements
* Comply with manufacturers' policy and procedures on warranty
* Attend training courses and developmental activities as required to ensure the highest level of technical knowledge
* Observe all Health, Safety and Environment legislation and procedures
* To carry out other duties as required from time to time
You will be responsible for 12 Vehicle Technicians and the role will be a non-productive role so My Client would be interested in experienced Service Advisors or Senior Technicians applying as well as experienced Workshop Controllers / Service Managers.
If you have the skills, attitude and want a great opportunity to improve your prospects get in touch with me TODAY!!
At Perfect Placement, we specialise in Automotive Careers, so if this Workshop Controller Vacancy has interested you or you would like to know about other Automotive Jobs in Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey please get in touch with Liam Buffenbarger today.
We have a wide range of Motor Trade Jobs across the whole of the UK, so if you are looking for something slightly different, be sure to get in touch with our Team of Automotive Recruiters.