Up to £40000 per annum
14 days ago
£28 - £32k Basic + Bonus
Wimbledon, London Area
Franchised Car Dealer
Our client a Franchised Car Dealership in the Wimbledon area is currently looking to add expertise and experience to their busy workshop with the addition of a Workshop Controller.
The successful candidate will currently be working as a Workshop Controller.
You will be expected to:
- Control the workflow through the workshop, act as quality control for the technicians' work and deliver on a prompt first time fix for all work that is actioned
- Determine availability of workshop hours daily and communicate regularly with the Service Reception of capacity of workload
- Maintain progress information of each job allocated and liaise with Service Reception to ensure customers are kept informed
- Monitor all workshop orders through the Parts department, keeping ahead of outstanding work and parts on order
- Ensure all applicable paperwork is passed onto, and administered by, the appropriate department; Service Administrator or Warranty Administrator for warranty related information
- Pass on all documentation for completed work to Tester and organise any extra work if necessary.
- Assist and advise team members in dealing with technical and job-related problems
- Give workshop apprentices training and experience to meet skill test requirements
- Comply with manufacturers' policy and procedures on warranty
- Attend training courses and developmental activities as required to ensure the highest level of technical knowledge
- Observe all Health, Safety and Environment legislation and procedures
- To carry out other duties as required from time to time
Working closely with the Aftersales Manager, your role will include not only the above but in driving the workshop technicians to better efficiencies and productivity along with leading the way in delivering outstanding customer service.
My Client is one that prides itself on leading the way in customer satisfaction and brand promise delivery, as such this role is vital to the continued and sustained growth of not only the retailer but the brand in the local area.
If you have led a team of technicians in this sort of environment, either growing into the role from the workshop or the Service Front of house our client would be interested in hearing from you.
You will be responsible for a team of competent Technicians and the role will be a non productive role so my Client would be interested in experienced Senior Technicians applying as well as experienced Workshop Controllers / Service Managers.
If you have the skills, attitude and want a great opportunity to improve your prospects get in touch with me TODAY!!
Our client is a leading retailer and as such offers an excellent package and benefits.
If this Workshop Controller Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Managerial jobs in South West London & Surrey, please contact Liam Buffenbarger at Perfect Placement.
We are the UK's leading Automotive Recruitment Consultancy, if you are looking to refresh your Automotive Career please get in touch with us, we have many Motor Trade Jobs available across the whole of the UK.