Up to £25200 per annum
10 days ago
Assistant Workshop Controller required in Cheltenham
£21,000 basic per annum plus a bonus scheme
Monday to Friday 8am-6pm with 1 in 3 Saturday mornings
A rare and not to miss opportunity has become available for a professional Assistant Workshop Controller within Our Client's Volume Franchise Service Department in Cheltenham!
* Fairly allocate jobs to Technicians and supervise the accurate time clocking of jobs and daily time keeping of the Technicians.
* Obtains requisite order numbers for work to be carried out where required.
* Provides accurate invoicing updates to Work in Progress.
* Monitor finished work so that all vehicles which require testing are checked and passed by the Workshop Foreman/Tester.
* To pass accurate updated work in progress to Warranty Clerk for assessing and invoicing and to liaise with the Warranty Clerk in order to obtain correct standard time operations prior to invoicing.
* Progresses parts on order against individual work orders.
* Monitor the return of warranty parts as appropriate.
* Actively able to upsell to customers with confidence.
* Update both internal and external customers on progress of their vehicles.
You will need to be confident, organised, focused, driven, and be able to prioritise and maximise. The ideal candidate will be confident in a busy Service Department with good knowledge of warranty procedures, the ability to control staff and obtain high output of sales, first time fix and customer satisfaction. You will be confident, organised, focused, driven, and be able to prioritise and maximise. This position will best suit an experienced Service Advisor who wants to develop into a more senior Service Department role or an established Assistant Workshop Controller looking for a new challenging direction in their career.
The ideal Workshop Controller must have a basic technical understanding of light vehicles, IT capabilities for workshop loading (preferably using Kerridge/ADP Dealer Management System) and updating the health check system with pricing, and experience of customer service/sales given you shall be incremental in authorising additional work on the customer's vehicle.
For your hard work, our client is offering…
* Starting basic salary up to £21,000 per annum depending on experience and current earnings.
* Generous monthly bonus scheme of up to £4,2000 per annum.
* 23 days holiday plus bank holidays with holiday allowance increasing over the length of service.
* Full in-house and manufacturer-approved training.
* Workplace pension scheme.
* Fantastic career prospects with a well-regarded and long-established Main Car Dealership Group.
The hours worked as a Vehicle Technician are 8:00AM-6:00PM Monday to Friday with 1 in 3 Saturdays 8:00AM-12:30PM.
If this Workshop Controller Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Cheltenham please contact Josh Friend at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
At Perfect Placement we specialise in Jobs within the Automotive Field, we can help you with your Career search for Motor Trade Jobs as we have over 1,400 live Automotive Vacancies across the whole of the UK ranging from Vehicle Technician Jobs to Workshop Manager Jobs.