Up to £30000 per annum
6 days ago
- Workshop Controller/MOT Tester required in Brecon!
- Up to £28,000 basic salary with an OTE of £30,000 per annum!
- Monday to Friday 8.00 am to 5.30 pm with no weekends required!
- Fantastic long-term career prospects!
Our client, a franchise approved car dealership in the Brecon region, is currently looking to hire a Workshop Controller/MOT Tester to join their busy Service Department!
Reporting to the Service Manager and accountable for a small team of three Vehicle Technicians, one Apprentices and two Advisors, your responsibilities shall include:
- Control the work at each stage of the repair, informing and advising reception of any additional work found and costings.
- Allocate work to the workshop team based on the mix of skills available to ensure achievement of profits, sold hours and quality targets are met.
- Prepare warranty claims for submission to the manufacturer, ensuring warranty material is retained for return.
- Ensure that all the manufacturer's administrative procedures and policies are adhered to at all times.
- Produce an accurate working in progress report weekly and at month-end.
- Ensure that the Ministry of Transport requirements is strictly adhered to at all times.
- Motivate reporting staff according to our client's procedures.
- Identify staff development and arrange to discuss training needs as necessary with the Service Manager.
- Ensure that our client's Quality Control Programme Is fully implemented and maintained.
- Ensure that the company premises and facilities are maintained to a high standard of repair, decoration and presentation.
- Resolve any customer technical enquires.
- Coach and motivate a team.
- Be able to help out on the tools when required with around 50% of your time allocated to doing so.
- Fill in for the MOT Tester in their absence.
In order to be eligible for this Workshop Controller/ MOT Tester, you will ideally live in the Brecon region or live within a reasonable commuting distance to Brecon and will need to have a proven track record in running a successful franchise approved automotive workshop. Overall you will have excellent communication skills, good interpersonal skills and team orientation, be results orientated, have problem-solving and decision-making skills, put a focus on quality and reliability, and be IT literate with a good understanding of Visual Health Check systems, Kerridge DMS, RTC and CitNOW. You will also need to have the UK driving licence with minimal points.
For your hard work as a Workshop Controller/MOT Tester our client is offering:
- Basic starting salary up to £28,000 per annum
- Bonus scheme available with an OTE of £30,000 per annum
- Overtime subject to availability paid at a standard rate.
- Full in-house and manufacturer-approved training provided.
- Workplace pension scheme.
- 22 days' annual leave allowance plus 8 bank holidays (holiday allowance increases over the length of service).
- Fantastic long-term career prospects with a long-standing dealer group.
- Working hours from 8.00 am to 5.30 pm Monday to Friday with no weekends required.
If this Workshop Controller/ MOT Tester role interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Brecon please contact Josh Friend at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
At Perfect Placement, we specialise in Motor Trade Jobs, so if your Automotive Career is not heading in the direction you wish it to be, be sure to get in touch! We have over 1,400 live vacancies, ranging from HGV Technician Jobs through to Car Sales Executive Jobs.