Towbar Fitter / Trailer Repairer
- Monday to Friday 08:30 – 17:30, Saturdays Rota 09:00 – 12:30
- Basic Salary Up to £27,000 OTE £29,200
- Global Towbar & Trailer Company
- Gatwick, West Sussex
Our Client, a leading manufacturer, retailer and reseller of trailer and towing products Internationally and across the UK are seeking a Towbar & Trailer Fitter for their popular workshop based in the Gatwick / Crawley area.
This a great opportunity to join a thriving business part of the accident repair business that’s been established for over 50 years, with strong partnerships with major brands within the trailer and towbar industry.
Due to sustained growth our client requires a hands-on problem solver to join a friendly fast paced team.
What’s in it for you as a Towbar Fitter / Trailer Repairer?
- A Competitive Basic Salary of up to £27,000 Dependent on experience
- Uncapped Bonus Scheme
- Monday - Friday 8-5:30pm, Saturdays Rota 09:00 – 12:30
- 32 days holiday (Including Bank Holidays)
- A supportive Management Structure
- Forklift Training Opportunity
- Company Uniform
- Full Systems & Process Training
- Join an expanding and experienced parts team!
- Company Pension
Duties of a Towbar Fitter/Trailer Repairer with our Client:
- To fit towbars to customer vehicles having first checked for marks/scratches ensuring all marks are recorded on the relevant form.
- Take care at all times to handle customer’s property with due respect.
- To ensure all towbar fits and trailer services/repairs are completed in an acceptable timeframe and quality to the Company and customer.
- To report any problems or damage relating to customers’ vehicles/property immediately to the Branch Manager/Assistant Manager.
- To service and repair the Company’s fleet of hire trailers to an agreed schedule.
- To maintain and update full records of each trailer in the Company hire fleet for servicing purposes.
- To assemble and modify trailers as required.
- To keep tools/equipment in good working order and to report any faults to the Branch Manager/Assistant Manager.
- To ensure that Company uniform / overalls and protective equipment is worn at all times.
- To operate within the Health & Safety Policy of the Company. To ensure personal protective equipment is worn as required.
- To be able to ascertain faults and provide technical advice as required.
- To hold a full current driving licence (towing licence advantageous).
- To assist in stock takes as required.
- To keep up to date with any changes to suppliers’
- Towbar fitting instructions including wiring via the Branch network and use of internet / intranet.
- To ensure that the workshop is clean and tidy at all times.
What our Client expects of their Towbar Fitter / Trailer Repairer:
- Must have full/clean driving licence and must be over 25 for motor insurance purposes.
- Some Fitting Experience Ideal
- Experience with Auto Repair and Wiring ideal
- Driven and motivated individual
- Time management with ability to prioritise workload
- Personable with strong communication skills
- IT literate
- Right to work within UK
If this Towbar Fitter / Trailer Repairer role interests you, and you would like to know more about it or other Automatic Jobs such as a Trainee Mechanic, Trailer Technician, Auto-electrician, Stripper, Fitter, Vehicle Technician, HGV Technician or Vehicle Mechanics in Crawley, Gatwick, Coulsdon, Caterham, Godstone, Horsham, Haywards Heath, East Grinstead, Redhill, Reigate, Dorking, Burgess Hill, Brighton, Hove, Five Oaks, Billingshurst or West Sussex, please contact Martin Bane at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
Our team of Automotive Recruitment Consultants all share a passion for finding our jobseekers the best jobs in the Automotive Industry. So if you are looking to improve your career and want to hear about more Motor Trade Jobs in your local area, please get in touch with us today.