- Basic Salary up to £38,000 + Bonus!
- Prestige Accident Repair Group
- Monday – Friday 08:00 – 17:30, Saturday Mornings 1 in 4
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Hols!
- Crawley, West Sussex
Our Client is a successful and progressive third generation family owned business. In 2020 their turnover was over £600m and they employ over 1000 valued members of staff. They rank #6 in the Sunday Times ‘Top Track 250’, which league tables the UK’s private companies with a turnover of <£650m and <5,000 staff.
Due to an increase in demand, they are currently seeking a Paint Sprayer for their busy workshop in the Crawley area.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain new skills and build on your existing experience with the automotive accident repair sector.
What’s in it for you?
- A Competitive Basic Salary circa £38,000 DOE
- Opportunity to earn bonus
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays!
- A supportive Management Structure
- Full Systems & Process Training
- Company Pension
- Future Development Opportunities with a Large Group.
This job holder must be able to:
- Receive vehicle, job card & Quality Control (QC) forms from panel shop and check quality of repairs, taking remedial action if necessary
- Ensure that vehicle internal car care kit fitted (seat covers, steering wheel cover and floor mat) to prevent dust transfer
- De-grease the area to be treated
- Sand down the relevant areas and adjoining areas for blending purposes
- Mask out area to be treated
- Etch and prime area to be treated
- Bake the vehicle in the oven, setting temperature according to the vehicle requirements.
- Carefully remove the vehicle from the oven once it is cooled
- De-mask vehicle
- Flat the primer to prepare the surface to receive top coat of paint
- Degrease the area to be painted
- Carefully position the vehicle in the oven or a controlled area and mask the vehicle in preparation for application for top coat
- Select match and mix colour chips to match vehicle
- Wear appropriate protective clothing, apply one or more top coats to vehicle as required
- Bake the vehicle in the oven, setting the temperature according to the vehicle requirements
- Carefully remove the vehicle from the oven once it is cooled and de-mask
- Check final finish and colour match
- Carry out final checks on the vehicle after repair in line with quality control checklist attached to job card. Tick appropriate sections and sign off
- Review another Technicians work and sign the quality of work in order for the car to move to the next stage
- Ensure final check sheet and job card leave the department with the vehicle
- All adhesives, primers, paints and bonding agents should be stored with the use by date and opened date clearly marked with a permanent marker
- Participate fully in measurement and feedback processes, to complete and return personnel documentation on time and to embrace personal training and development opportunities
- Work to support other team members in achievement of their objectives when asked to do so or required by their manager.
- Automotive systems Knowledge (e.g. basic vehicle layout, function and location of parts)
- Basic knowledge of parts requirements to complete job and the ability to communicate parts requirements via repair orders
- Approved and established procedures for replacing components
- The quality control and inspection requirements of the Bodyshop department
- Manufacturers products and recent improvements through Paint Manufacturers, escribe, technical bulletins, training courses and technical magazines etc
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturer paint repair processes, paint products, features, use, limitations etc.
- The tools to be used for appropriate operations, together with maintenance procedures and practices
- Protective clothing/footwear/masks to be worn for specific operations
- Safety procedures for all bodyshop equipment
- The use of computer systems for paint mixing
- Manufacturers standards and objectives, retail facility and individual’s objectives, both cultural and financial
- The company organisational structure
Our team of Automotive Recruitment Consultants all share a passion for finding our jobseekers the best jobs in the Automotive Industry. So if you are looking to improve your career and want to hear about more Motor Trade Jobs in your local area, please get in touch with us today.