Our client, a privately owned company serving the Water, Environmental and Construction industries is looking for an experienced Diesel Field Service Engineer
About The Field Service Engineer Role:
Our client is looking for a Field Service Engineer to join the team from their Depot in Suffolk covering the surrounding region.
This Field Service Engineer role will be responsible for carrying out Maintenance as required at the Depot location as well as customer sites.
Due to the nature of our Depot operations, this Field Service Engineer role will be part of an on-call rota where enhanced payments are made along with over time rates.
Qualifications required for this Field Service Engineer role:
- Due to the nature of this Field Service Engineer role, we will require individuals to hold an NVQ or similar qualification in the maintenance of Industrial engines.
- Full driving licence.
- Carry out work in compliance with recommended manufacturers’ procedures and having regard for own health and safety, company employees, customers, public and the environment.
- To understand, interpret and work to the relevant instructions and technical information available to carry out all tasks in the most efficient and safe manner.
- To communicate accurately with immediate supervisor, work colleagues and customers alike on job requirements e.g., cost, downtime, and identifying cause. Able to obtain signatures and names from site and to ensure the smooth processing of paperwork.
- Maintain your own work area, whether on customers’ or sites in a clean and tidy state.
- Daily maintenance checks on company vehicle (where applicable) to be carried out e.g., water/oil levels, clean lights, and windscreen. Keeping the vehicle interior and exterior clean.
- To be polite and cooperative with colleagues and customers alike. Whilst on site, be customer focused and aware that you are promoting the Company.
- All small tools or equipment used to be kept in good condition. Any defects found must be reported to supervisor.
- To comply with all PPE requirements, or specific customer site regulations.
- Carry out all given tasks as set out in the Company Policy procedures. Those applicable to be detailed by your immediate supervisor.
- Salary negotiable in-line with level of experience
- Company Van
- Fuel Card