- Basic Salary Varies as Different Shift Patterns Available – up to £42,000 basic.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced HGV / LCV Technician to join our large client where there are real opportunities for training and career progression.
The main requirement for either the HGV or the LCV Technician role is that you must be Qualified to an NVQ Level 3. The successful candidate for the HGV Technician role must have a proven track record in the role. However, the client is happy to look at Car Mechanics who are looking for a step into the Commercial world for the LCV Technician position.
Duties for both HGV and LCV Technician roles will include, but not limited to, the following:
- To examine vehicles completely and report orally or in writing upon the vehicles condition, safety and reliability and performance (MOT).
- To observe, recognise and report on vehicle or component defects or symptoms of impending failure.
- To interpret and implement technical service instructions data, and to indent such information for replacement.
- To protect all vehicles under repair against damage and to inspect each vehicle for damage and cleanliness upon completion of repair.
- To draw the Supervisor/Workshop Controllers attention to any faults notice in either the interests of the owner or other faults that could make the vehicle dangerous or illegal if taken out on a public highway.
- To always seek permission before fitting parts to customers’ vehicles that have not been previously authorised and to return parts for warranty and customer inspection at all times.
- To ensure all service and maintenance sheets, customer defect reports, manufacturer paperwork and electronic documentation.
- To attend recognised courses of instruction as and when required and to assist in the training of apprentices upon assignment.
- To report any broken or faulty equipment to your Supervisor/Manager in line with our Group Health & Safety Policy.
- To maintain a high standard of cleanliness within the working area and a presentable personal appearance whilst observing the Group Health & Safety and Environmental Policy at all times.
If this HGV / LCV Technician Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Durham please contact Grace Morley at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
At Perfect Placement, we specialise in Motor Trade Jobs, so if you are looking to improve your Automotive Career please get in touch with us today. We are the leading UK Motor Trade Recruiters with over 1,400 Automotive Vacancies across the whole of the UK!!