- Salary up to £35,806 per annum
- 40-hour week Monday to Friday.
- Fantastic long-term career prospects with one of the UK’s largest comprehensive automotive accident repairers.
Reporting to the Bodyshop Manager and working as part of a large team, your responsibilities as a MET Technician will include:
- Removal of damaged parts to allow repairs to take place.
- Ensuring displaced parts are stored correctly and safely for refitting.
- Checking for additional damage and any additional parts that may be required, bringing these items to the attention of the Vehicle Damage Assessor and ordering the additional parts.
- Checking all the parts are here, and are correct to enable smooth travel through the vehicle repair journey.
- Once the vehicle has been repaired and painted, you then refit the vehicle, taking care and attention not to damage freshly painted panels and ensuring panel gaps are true and within manufacturers tolerances.
- As part of the role you may also be required to replace mechanical components of the steering, drivetrain and engine.
- Reset vehicle Control Units using diagnostic equipment.
- Ensures that all health and safety legislation and internal procedures are followed.
- Attends regular safety training to review work safety rules.
- Ensures the maintenance of tools, equipment, and other materials.
- Performs other reasonable activities from time to time.
Overall you will be able to work under pressure and to strict deadline, carry out duties as detailed on job cards to manufacturer and company standards, use initiative and have the ability to prioritise workload to meet delivery times and customers’ expectations, be able to work independently but liaise effectively with colleagues and support others by multi-tasking during busy periods. A UK driving licence with minimal points is essential at this stage.
For your hard work as a Vehicle MET/Strip Fit Technician our client is offering:
- Starting salary up to £35,806 per annum depending on experience
- Overtime subject to availability paid at standard rate.
- 22 days annual leave plus the 8 bank holidays.
- Various additional benefits including a cycle to work scheme, pension scheme, life assurance, retailer discounts, and a generous salary sacrifice car scheme amongst others.
- Access to industry leading training and development.
- Fantastic long-term career prospects/job security with a large multi-site business that is itself part of a larger company.
- 40-hour week Monday to Friday with flexibility on start/finish times.
Our team of Automotive Recruitment Consultants all share a passion for finding our jobseekers the best jobs in the Automotive Industry. So if you are looking to improve your career and want to hear about more Motor Trade Jobs in your local area, please get in touch with us today.