Our client a worldwide distribution specialist is looking for an experienced Automation Maintenance Engineers in the Gatwick Area.
- Salary: From £34,712 p.a. up to £41,082 p.a.(dependent on experience) . This shift pattern also attracts a shift allowance of £374.53 per month.
- 35.5 hours per week - Full time.
- This is a Reserve role covering other Engineers when on Annual Leave/Sick etc.
- The role will cover early, late and night shifts.
- A high degree of flexibility is required.
- When not covering Annual Leave/Sick etc. the shift times will be 7:00 - 15:00.
Reporting to the Engineering Team Coach on a rotating shift basis, you will be responsible for performing corrective/preventive maintenance tasks compliant with Asset Care Schedules and recognised diagnostic procedures to resolve automation asset faults and breakdowns.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Perform day-to-day delivery of maintenance tasks, specifically preventative/predictive maintenance, and corrective maintenance and conduct performance improvement initiatives.
- Provide effective and efficient support to the Plant Engineering Manager, Maintenance Team Leader and Engineering Team Coaches, including input into the compilation of end of shift reports, root cause analysis, fault logging and data entry.
- Identify the root cause of automation faults/breakdowns and prioritise corrective actions to meet operational processing objectives in association with team leaders, making full use of the relevant central support systems.
- Monitor and review day-to-day equipment performance and improve automation outputs in partnership with operations.
It’s essential that you have a full UK manual driving licence (in your current UK address) covering up to 3.5 tonnes (Cat B). In an ideal world you’ll have a clean licence but it definitely shouldn’t have more than 6 penalty points.
Requirements Maintenance Engineer:
- Qualified in electrical and mechanical engineering (minimum ONC Electrical Engineering – or equivalent), you will have experience of working as part of an effective maintenance team through a period of considerable change and investment in technology.
- With a detailed understanding of Health & Safety legislation you will have first-hand experience of maintaining automation equipment, ideally Programme Logic Controllers (PLC), along with a flexible approach and the ability to communicate complex issues effectively.
- We are an inclusive employer with equality, diversity and fairness at the heart of our values. We welcome applications from individuals from all different backgrounds and are committed to promoting fair participation and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
Perfect Placement are specialists in Engineering Recruitment. We specialise in local, national and world wide Engineering and Manufacturing Recruitment. If you are looking for a new role within Engineering please contact Liam Reddy, our Engineering recruitment specialist today.