- Basic Salary £29,600 / up to £31,600 with quarterly bonus + overtime + call outs.
- Hours: Monday to Friday on 3 shift rotation with NO WEEKENDS.
For this position, it is desirable that you hold a NVQ Level 3 HGV qualification or equivalent however the client may consider Level 2 who has vast experience working on HGV’s and is confident in completing all jobs.
The ideal HGV Technician will have strong written and verbal skills as well as the ability to adapt to new processes and develop new skills as and when required; There will be training and development opportunities so the client is seeking someone who is enthusiastic to expand their knowledge and expertise.
The 3 shift rotations will be:
- Week 1 is 8:00-16:30
- Week 2 is 09:00-17:30
- Week 3 is 13:00-21:30
The responsibilities of the HGV Technician role will include but not be limited to:
- Carry out repairs according to the manufacturer’s procedures, in a safe and responsible manner
- Complete repairs in accordance with Volvo Standard Times using Volvo Special Tools where appropriate
- Assisting in the fault diagnosis process
- Comply with warranty procedures during repairs and with warranty material on completion of a repair
- Work with the parts team to ensure the correct replacement parts are fitted to the vehicles
- Comply with time recording procedures and ensure that job cards are completed accurately
- Complete service sheets as per Volvo instructions
- Report all vehicle defects to Workshop Controller
- Road test vehicles when required (if holder of HGV license)
- Assist with roadside breakdowns
- Keep all workshop facilities, equipment and tools clean, tidy and well maintained
- Support the development of young trainees and apprentices
Generous annual leave entitlement, discount on company manufacturer vehicles and discounts on high street retailers, travel, cinema and gyms are just a few other staff perks that will be available.
If this HGV Technician Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Carlisle please contact Olivia Pedley at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
At Perfect Placement we specialise in Motor Trade Jobs, so if your Automotive Career is not heading in the direction you wish it to be, be sure to get in touch! We have over 1,400 live vacancies, ranging from HGV Technician Jobs through to Car Sales Executive Jobs.