Out client, a specialist in the design, manufacture & after-care of factory-built, packaged Systems, Process Software / Systems Integration, & Electrical Control Panels, is looking for a Software Applications Trainee to work within their systems integration department.
Main Role of a Software Applications Trainee:
The main purpose of the Software Applications Trainee role is to design, construct and test PLC and / or SCADA software and to produce associated documentation (such as Functional Design Specifications and Test Plans) that fully complies with Standards and contractual requirements.
The successful Software Applications Trainee must have proven experience in PLC logic and programming with any of the following PLCs: Allen Bradley, GE Fanuc, Siemens, Mitsubishi, Omron and HMI and / or SCADA programming and configuration for any of the following platforms: Wonderware, Rockwell and Siemens.
Applications for this Software Applications Trainee role are welcomed from candidates who wish to start or progress their career within the Software environment.
Selected candidates for this Software Applications Trainee role will have opportunities for internal / formal training necessary to attain educational qualifications e.g. HNC, Degree as well as training on Software Applications used by the company such as Allen Bradley, Siemens and Mitsubishi along with the associated graphical interfaces (HMI / SCADA).
Tasks and responsibilities of a Software Applications Trainee:
- The key objectives of the appointment are to:-
- Understand and interpret the functional / control / system requirements of the project / requirement.
- Design documents including I/O lists, FDS, SDS, test documents
- Programme PLCs and HMI’s (including but not limited to Allen Bradley, Siemens and Mitsubishi) and where applicable, to configure SCADA systems (namely Wonderware, Rockwell and Siemens). Note: Training will be given where necessary.
- Deliver assigned projects on-time and to cost (in accordance with Standards and contractual requirements).
- Continually demonstrate expert knowledge of computer / PLC logic and flow-charting.
- Understand low voltage electrical systems and drawings.
- Attend customer’s sites whenever required always upholding the Company’s Culture and Values.
- Where necessary, to review and repair legacy code.
- Conduct system analysis and development, sometimes with limited support from other personnel and to keep systems current with changing technologies and methodologies.
- Test and proof programs to ensure that functionality, logic and syntax is correct / in accordance with the FDS and Test Plan.
- Document code consistently and in all software so that it can be fully understood by other individuals (internally and externally) and that it fully complies with Standards / expectations / best practice.
- Excellent IT skills – including, but not limited to, Word Processing, Spreadsheets and Databases.
- Knowledge of SCADA systems and logic auto-generation (from templates).
- Mechanical skills and understanding.
- Knowledge of electrical systems.
- Previous professional experience writing PLC code (Allen Bradley, Siemens and / or Mitsubishi) within a customer-based or customer focused environment.
- Solid report writing skills, including FDS and Test Plans.
- Commercial awareness.
- Health and Safety awareness.
Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Electrical / Electronic Engineering.
Software Applications Trainee Role Package:
- £23,000 - £27,000 Basic, Plus overtime when applicable
- Ongoing Develop & Training (Fully trained, up to £38,000)
- 40 hours 08:30-17:00 (16:30 finish Fri).