- Starting salary up to £16-20 depending on experience plus overtime and bonuses.
- Monday to Friday 8:00am-5:00pm with Saturday mornings on a a rota paid at time and a half.
- Access to a 1 in 3/4 weekly shift rota on the breakdown assistance van offering massive financial opportunities.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, as a HGV Technician your key objectives will include:
- To complete all service work and defined maintenance work of the utmost quality and efficiency within manufacturers time schedules.
- Supply a professional performance in all aspects of work activities to make an essential contribution to the value and retention of customers.
- Supporting colleagues in the workshop with any technical issues and innovations.
- Ability to carry out comprehensive diagnosis and repairs of malfunctions.
- To ensure that all company policies and procedures applicable to their area of responsibility are adhered to at all times.
- Document the results of diagnosis/repairs/service/safety inspections.
You will need to be a committed individual and a good team player. You must be able to produce a high quality of work in a busy workshop environment and be motivated to work towards targets set for your team.
Applicants for this HGV Technician role with an active HGV driving licence would be highly advantageous however this is non-essential.
For your hard work as a HGV Technician, our client is offering:
- Starting rate circa £16-20 per hour with annual earnings of £60-65,000.
- Overtime subject to availability paid at an enhanced rate of time and a half or double time depending on the time of day.
- Access to a dealer performance based quarterly bonus paying up to £2,000 per annum.
- Shift rotation of 1 in 3/4 on a breakdown van - £350 paid per shift with a £30 call out payment per call outside of shift hours and an enhanced hourly rate.
- 23 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays which increases over continuous service.
- Workplace pension scheme.
- Full in-house and off-site manufacturer-approved training provided.
- Working hours are Monday to Friday 8:00am-5:00pm with Saturday mornings on a a rota paid at time and a half.
Perfect Placement are the UK's Leading Motor Trade Recruitment Consultancy, and Automotive Jobs are our speciality. If you are looking to improve your Auto Industry Career, get in touch with our Team today. We have a wide range of Jobs from Vehicle Technician to Parts Advisors to Dealer Principals.