- Up to £28,500 pa
- Monday - Friday 9:00am - 17:30pm.
Our client, an established main dealer, is looking for an Assistant Accountant to join their head office team. This Assistant Accountant role is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is seeking a permanent position, wants to work as part of a team, with variety and responsibility within a friendly environment.
Responsibilities of a Assistant Accountant:
- Responsible for the reconciliation of allocated balance sheet accounts (manufacturer bonus, finance debtors, service plans, etc).
- Reconcile month end vehicle stocks to TGB and LGB dealer summaries and balance sheet.
- Review and reconcile new and used vehicle contra accounts.
- Reconcile month end parts stock, WIP, and GIS reports to balance sheet.
- Check and approve daily outgoing BACS and CHAPS payments.
- Review vehicle costs in progress to ensure VM stock records are kept correctly maintained.
- Examine balance sheet error accounts and zero balance accounts instigating a resolution to any balances.
- Monthly balance sheet review with the Group Reconciliation Accountant.
- Carry out fixed asset checks across our various branches.
- Work as part of a team to encourage development of Accounts Assistants.
- Support the finance team (cashiering, SL and PL) with any ad hoc tasks.
- Must have automotive experience and a working knowledge of Kerridge/CDK/Drive.
- Experience in balance sheet reconciliations within the automotive industry.
- A strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel (vlookups, pivot tables, IF function, etc).
- AAT qualified desirable but not required.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines.
- Enthusiastic and motivated.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be a confident communicator both verbal and written.
- Be an active team player who is equally at ease working own their own initiative.
Perfect Placement are the UK's Leading Motor Trade Recruitment Consultancy, and Automotive Jobs are our speciality. If you are looking to improve your Auto Industry Career, get in touch with our Team today. We have a wide range of Jobs from Vehicle Technician to Parts Advisors to Dealer Principals.