- £16.88 per hour plus overtime at time and a half rate.
- 4 on 4 off shift pattern; 6:30am to 6:30pm.
- Rare opportunity following internal movement.
Our client, a franchise approved commercial vehicle dealership in the Cardiff region, is currently looking to hire a fully qualified and experienced Heavy Goods Vehicle (HGV) Technician to work the night shift for their Service Department.
Reporting to the Workshop Foreman and working as part of a team, your key objectives will include:
- To complete all service work and defined maintenance work of the utmost quality and efficiency within manufacturers time schedules.
- Supply a professional performance in all aspects of work activities to make an essential contribution to the value and retention of customers.
- Supporting colleagues in the workshop with any technical issues and innovations.
- Ability to carry out comprehensive diagnosis and repairs of malfunctions.
- To ensure that all company policies and procedures applicable to their area of responsibility are adhered to at all times.
- Document the results of diagnosis/repairs/service/safety inspections.
You will need to live in the Cardiff region or be within a reasonable commuting distance of Cardiff. You will need to be a fully qualified HGV Technician / Mechanic to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent as a minimum and ideally hold some practical experience post qualification. You will need to be a committed individual and a good team player. You must be able to produce a high quality of work in a busy workshop environment and be motivated to work towards targets set for your team. Applicants with an active HGV driving license would be highly advantageous however this is non-essential.
For your hard work as a HGV Technician, our client is offering…
- Hourly rate of £16.88 per hour (£35,443.95 per annum)
- Overtime subject to availability paid at an enhanced rate of time and a half.
- 23 days annual leave + 2 bank holidays (Christmas and New Years Day) which increases by 2 days after 5 years of service, and then another 2 days at 10 years.
- Employee Benefit Schemes such as a pension scheme, high street and lifestyle discounts as well as an an employee assistance programme
- Fantastic career prospects with an industry leading brand.
- Working hours are 4 on 4 off shift pattern; 6:30am to 6:30pm.
If this HGV Technician Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in South Wales please contact Harry Woodcock at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
Perfect Placement are the UK's Leading Motor Trade Recruitment Consultancy, and Automotive Jobs are our speciality. If you are looking to improve your Auto Industry Career, get in touch with our Team today. We have a wide range of Jobs from Vehicle Technician to Parts Advisors to Dealer Principals.