- Basic salary of £25,000 DOE + performance related bonus (around £30,000 OTE)
- No weekends
- Ideal for those looking for a step up from a Service Receptionist role or looking for a step down from a Service Manager role at a Car Dealership
Reporting directly to the Business Owner, the successful candidate will be responsible for the management of the aftersales department. The candidate will be responsible for running the department in an efficient and profitable manner by managing customers to assist them with warranty and servicing requirements, ensuring the technicians labour time is sold efficiently, obtaining customer loyalty, containing costs and maintaining accurate aftersales records.
Although previous experience in a similar customer facing role would be advantageous, on the job training will be provided for the successful applicant. The main criteria is a willingness to learn, reliability, accuracy with data and a desire to provide excellent customer service.
Customer Service Responsibilities: for the Service Manager:
- Being the first point of contact for aftersales customers, ensuring they are welcomed onto the Company premises in a friendly and punctual manner.
- Booking customers vehicles in and out for services or warranty work - liaising with customers on arrival to find out the reason for their visit, noting this on a job card and communicating the jobs effectively with the workshop team. On completion of the work, liaising with the customers to advise the work which has been completed and taking payments from customers where this is applicable.
- Deal with customer aftersales queries or complaints over the phone and in person by assisting customers in resolving issues concerning products they purchased or services provided to them whilst providing exceptional customer service and assessing what can be done to suit both the business and customer needs based on dealership guidelines.
- Providing customers with reasonable estimated of the costs and times required for their repair or maintenance work.
- Manage customer expectations by keeping them well informed and explaining changes as and when they occur.
- Build and maintain smooth relations with customers to obtain their loyalty.
- Book in and check items received from manufactures on deliveries, ensuring any anomalies are correct by submitting delivery errors to the manufacturers. Following this, contacting customers to advise that the parts have arrived and book them in for the work to be completed.
- Manage stock control and order parts where required.
- Be computer literate - must be able to communicate with customers professionally via email, accurately record aftersales data and input warranty claims.
- Deal with warranty claims on behalf of the customers by liaising with manufacturers in a clear, concise and professional manner and ensuring all documents required by the manufacturer are available, complete and entered onto the dedicated systems.
- Verify and follow up on orders for parts which customers are waiting on.
- Be able to report problems and issue claims to the manufacturers regularly whilst remaining familiar with the manufacturers warranty conditions and policies.
- Hold conference calls with manufacturers when needed.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of job operations by conducting research and participating in occasional training courses.
- Ensure that customer files in the aftersales department are up to date and easily accessible.
- Advise technicians responsible for repairs of the time which has been allocated for each order.
- Demonstrate a committed, professional approach to working with customers to provide solutions and educate customers.
- Maintain a standard of honesty and integrity.
- Demonstrate the ability to consistently meet performance expectations.
- Develop productive and cooperative relationships with other departments within the organisation to ensure the success of the business.
- Work with minimum supervision, anticipating issues and potential problems and taking necessary action where appropriate.
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of the commercial and business implication of their actions.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Perform other tasks based on management requirements and instructions.
If you are interested in this Service Manager role please contact Becca Hams at Perfect Placement UK today.
Perfect Placement are the UK's Leading Motor Trade Recruitment Consultancy, and Automotive Jobs are our speciality. If you are looking to improve your Auto Industry Career, get in touch with our Team today. We have a wide range of Jobs from Vehicle Technician to Parts Advisors to Dealer Principals.