£35000 per annum
about 1 month ago
- Worthing, West Sussex
- Basic Salary up to £35,000
- Early Shift 07:00 – 16:00, 1 in 2 Sat 07:00 – 13:00
- Commercial Main Dealer
Our Client a Commercial Vehicle Dealership Group with sites across the South East are currently seeking a HGV Technician for their busy workshop in the Worthing area.
With a number of agreements with various fleet companies and private individuals are client is the on-stop shop for all commercial vehicle service and repairs in the area!
With a supportive management structure and opportunity to undertake manufacturer training this is an excellent opportunity for a recently qualified HGV Technician or an experienced HGV Mechanic to take their career to the next stage!
What’s in it for the successful HGV Technician?
- A Competitive Basic Salary of around £35,000
- A supportive Management Structure
- Full Systems & Process Training
- 22 Days Holiday – Plus Bank Holidays!
- Company Pension, Death in Service Benefit
- Personal Tool Insurance
- Birthday Gifts!
- Christmas Gifts
- Other Rewards through the year
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
Duties of a HGV Technician:
- To carry out repairs and servicing to vehicles, as instructed, to the highest possible standard.
- To correctly interpret instructions from the job card/repair order, to follow all documented Quality Procedures and to comply with repair instructions and stipulated settings and tolerances from manufacturers' manuals, bulletins, check sheets.
- To obtain any necessary technical information by following documented procedures. To request and attend training and to keep abreast of the latest technical information which is circulated or displayed.
- Plan, carry out, check and test all work done to the highest possible standard of workmanship and in the most efficient manner, in order to ensure the maximum utilisation of time available. To report any repair difficulties immediately.
- Accurately report and record work done, and tests carried out and to immediately report any further work required or vehicle faults, as laid down in documented procedures.
- Protect and take care of Customers' and the Company's property. To drive and road test vehicles by following documented procedures and taking the utmost care.
- Maintain allocated work areas in a clean and tidy condition and to remove all scrap, etc. immediately upon the completion of each repair.
- Ensure that all guidelines on health and safety are followed.
- To maintain good working relationships with other staff and Customers.
- Carry out any further duties, within capabilities, by agreement with management.
Requirements for the HGV Technician role:
- Experience with Commercial Vehicle / HGV Repair or Bus or Plant Equipment Repair
- Competency in numeracy and literacy.
- Strong attention to detail
- Good organisation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- To be a team player
- Ideally NVQ Level 3 Qualified or Equivalent
- Right to Work within UK
If you are interested in working at a well-established Dealer Group as a HGV Technician, Commercial Vehicle Technician, Lorry Mechanic, Truck Mechanic, Commercial Service Advisor, Vehicle Technician or want to know more about other automotive jobs in Crawley, Gatwick, Redhill, Dorking, Reigate, Burgess Hill, Haywards Heath, Worthing, Brighton, Hove, Shoreham, Littlehampton, Chichester, Horsham, Pulborough, West Sussex and Hampshire, then please contact Martin Bane at perfect placement today.
At Perfect Placement, we specialise in motor trade jobs, so if you are looking to improve your automotive career please get in touch with us today. We are the leading UK motor trade recruiters with over 1,400 automotive vacancies across the whole of the UK.