Newcastle upon Tyne
Salary Dependent on Experience
0191 446 0461
about 1 month ago
Basic Salary Negotiable Depending on Experience
Mixture of Early and Late Shifts
Our Client a Commercial Business in Newcastle are currently seeking a HGV Technician for their busy workshop.
With a number of agreements with various fleet companies and private individuals are client is the on-stop shop for all commercial vehicle service and repairs in the area!
With a supportive management structure and opportunity to undertake manufacturer training this is an excellent opportunity for a recently qualified HGV Technician or an experienced HGV Mechanic to take their career to the next stage!
What’s in it for you?
A Competitive Basic Salary Depending on Experience
A supportive Management Structure
Full Systems & Process Training
Company Pension, Death in Service Benefit
Other Rewards through the year
Duties of a HGV Technician:
- To carry out repairs and servicing to vehicles, as instructed, to the highest possible standard.
- To correctly interpret instructions from the job card/repair order, to follow all documented Quality Procedures and to comply with repair instructions and stipulated settings and tolerances from manufacturers' manuals, bulletins, check sheets.
- To obtain any necessary technical information by following documented procedures. To request and attend training and to keep abreast of the latest technical information which is circulated or displayed.
- Plan, carry out, check and test all work done to the highest possible standard of workmanship and in the most efficient manner, in order to ensure the maximum utilisation of time available. To report any repair difficulties immediately.
- Accurately report and record work done, and tests carried out and to immediately report any further work required or vehicle faults, as laid down in documented procedures.
- Protect and take care of Customers' and the Company's property. To drive and road test vehicles by following documented procedures and taking the utmost care.
- Maintain allocated work areas in a clean and tidy condition and to remove all scrap, etc. immediately upon the completion of each repair.
- Ensure that all guidelines on health and safety are followed.
- To maintain good working relationships with other staff and Customers.
- Carry out any further duties, within capabilities, by agreement with management.
Requirements for the HGV Technician role:
- Experience with Commercial Vehicle / HGV Repair or Bus or Plant Equipment Repair
- Competency in numeracy and literacy.
- Strong attention to detail
- Good organisation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- To be a team player
- Ideally NVQ Level 3 Qualified or Equivalent
- Right to Work within UK
If this HGV Technician Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Newcastle please contact Grace Morley at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
Perfect Placement are the UK's Leading Motor Trade Recruitment Consultancy, and Automotive Jobs are our speciality. If you are looking to improve your Auto Industry Career, get in touch with our Team today. We have a wide range of Jobs from Vehicle Technician to Parts Advisors to Dealer Principals.