- Up to £13.50 per hour pending experience.
- Time save bonus scheme available up to £6,000 per annum.
- 40 hour week Monday to Friday with multiple day shift patterns available.
Reporting to the Bodyshop Manager and working as part of a large team, your responsibilities as a MET Technician will include:
- Removal of damaged parts to allow repairs to take place.
- Ensuring displaced parts are stored correctly and safely for refitting.
- Checking for additional damage and any additional parts that may be required, bringing these items to the attention of the Vehicle Damage Assessor and ordering the additional parts.
- Checking all the parts are here, and are correct to enable smooth travel through the vehicle repair journey.
- Once the vehicle has been repaired and painted, you then refit the vehicle, taking care and attention not to damage freshly painted panels and ensuring panel gaps are true and within manufacturers tolerances.
- As part of the role you may also be required to replace mechanical components of the steering, drivetrain and engine.
- Reset vehicle Control Units using diagnostic equipment.
- Ensures that all health and safety legislation and internal procedures are followed.
- Attends regular safety training to review work safety rules.
- Ensures the maintenance of tools, equipment, and other materials.
- Performs other reasonable activities from time to time.
Overall you will be able to work under pressure and to strict deadline, carry out duties as detailed on job cards to manufacturer and company standards, use initiative and have the ability to prioritise workload to meet delivery times and customers’ expectations, be able to work independently but liaise effectively with colleagues and support others by multi-tasking during busy periods. A UK driving licence with minimal points is essential at this stage.
For your hard work as a Vehicle MET/Strip Fit Technician our client is offering:
- Starting hourly rate up to £13.50 pending experience and current earnings.
- Time save bonus scheme available up to £6,000+ per annum.
- Overtime subject to availability paid at standard rate.
- 20 days annual holiday plus the bank holidays.
- Full in-house training provided.
- Fantastic long-term career development prospects with a growing accident repair group in the South Wales region.
- 40 hour week Monday to Friday; 6:00am-2:30pm or 7:00am to 3:30pm.
- Occasional overtime may be required subject to business demand so you will need to be flexible with this however they would be paid as overtime.
Perfect Placement are the UK's Leading Motor Trade Recruitment Consultancy, and Automotive Jobs are our speciality. If you are looking to improve your Auto Industry Career, get in touch with our Team today. We have a wide range of Jobs from Vehicle Technician to Parts Advisors to Dealer Principals.